{Chrysler 300} Power Steering Rebuild Shaft End Play Specification?

{Chrysler 300} Power Steering Rebuild Shaft End Play Specification?

Hi All,

I am rebuilding a TRW power Steering pump for the 300K. I got a kit with needle bearings and scrapper springs. I could not find new scrappers, however.

My problem is that when I took it apart, I did what the service manual told me to do. Namely, I punched the large threaded ring and the housing. The bearing head had a large, machined mark on it. The problem part is that after the threaded ring came out of the parts cleaner guess what materialized? Yep, two more punch marks.

So, I have no way of knowing which mark is the correct one.

Does anyone have in their paperwork the end play specification for the TRW pumps? I can press the bearing head forward and back to set it, but I need to know what it is. Once I do that then I can screw the ring down until it is snug. Then tap forward and back to move the shaft and double check the end play.

Does anyone have any idea on that specification as it is not in the 1964 Service manual.

Thanks, James

---