RE: {Chrysler 300} Tune-up

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Letter Car ownership, and welcome to the 300 Club! Your fun is just beginning.

Very wise, too, to hop on this forum. Any info or advice on even the most miniscule or remote part of your car that you need, we are all anxious to help you with. If your question has been answered before, we’ll be happy to answer it again.

I imagine that you likely got your new tank from Van’s in Wisconsin as I don’t think anyone else makes them. Van’s is good people.

A lot of club members have extra parts they are willing to sell you at reasonable prices. And any problem you may have, others have had also and are willing to share their solution.

I’m wondering – has your car been sitting just a year or so since running? Or are we talking like 5 or 10 years, or even more. That might make a bit of a difference on how extensively you prepare the engine and brakes– whether you think it would be best to refresh all that before even running it.

One great recommendation I would forward is to send your carbs to club member Jim McGowan in Rockford, IL for rebuilding/restoration. I’ve had him do probably a dozen for me and they always come back perfect. He even flow-bench tests them as a final step, so they are ready for you to just plug and play.

NAPA has been forced to handle a lot more Asian parts than they would like to, but of all the parts stores they seem to try hardest to fill the needs of the old car trade.

NGK seems to be the spark plug brand of choice. Others know the right NGK part number you should buy.

Member Jeff Carter (J.C. Auto Parts) in the state of Washington is a great resource for all kinds of technical info and many parts – probably including the right plug wires.

There are way too many truly knowledgeable people to name them all. So just put your needs and questions out there on the forum and let them give you a hand.

They may or may not be on Long Island, but there are a lot of fellow Letter Car owners near you in the Northeast who know their stuff. Good luck with the rejuvenation.

Oh, and BTW, make sure Gloria Moon gets your serial number in the Club records. (I trust you have received a copy of the 300 Club roster and member contact info.)

Keith Boonstra

Holland, MI

-