Re: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Front Indicator Wiring

Re: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Front Indicator Wiring

i believe the socket is swaged to the die casting , not meant to come apart ever .
That was probably done after front was plated  . Although back of die casting is raw unplated  too ? I forget
Your plater may be able to support the housing dipped in the plating bath by the socket side of it from  above . ask him ?
ok to get a little copper etc on the outside of it .
The other way might be to cut socket out with a hole saw or machinist on end mill and then use a snap in type socket but i don’t think there is room for that .
I know i had restored F ‘s before with new plating on housing and this question never came up —to me , anyway .
I think plater just dealt with it .
let us know answer from plater ? kind of like back of bumper or any trim part , back is not fully finished ? And always they have to make a support rod attachment to whatever they plate . It carries  the current

Sent from my iPhone