Re: {Chrysler 300} Thermostatic chokes

D&C:

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I am busy working on and driving cars this spring. To convert a 300F cross ram car to electric chokes, you need TWO Edelbrock #1478 Electric Choke Kits. You will not use many of the parts, but there are a few pieces that are not easily found elsewhere. The most critical parts are the choke vacuum pull-off piston and arm. When Carter made the 300F carbs, they actually cut off the tab on this arm that connected to the bimetallic temp spring, so you must have this tab to install any form of electric choke. The Edelbrock kit has the same vacuum piston and arm, but it STILL has the tab in place. You do need to slightly open up the id (about .020") of the Edelbrock arm to fit over the original Carter Shaft. The rest is pretty simple, but you may need to grind some flashing off the original choke housing so the new vacuum seal plate fits correctly. You can do this easily with a Dremel with the carb on the car. The passenger side can be converted on the car, but the drivers side is close to the brake booster and removing the carb makes things much easier. They work Great. Super quick starts, you can easily set the fast idle and rate of choke opening as the engine warms.. Super reliable.

Dyke Ridgley
Ridgley Racing
5500 Walmsley Rd
Decatur, IL 62521