FW: {Chrysler 300} Idle arm and other delights...

From: Henry Schleimer [mailto:henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 27 April 2023 2:25 AM
To: 'James Douglas'; 'John Grady'
Cc: 'Dave Dumais'
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} Idle arm and other delights...

If you are worried about having an elongated hole, you could fit tight clearance washers to the top and bottom, tighten the assembly in the right spot and weld the washers to the bracket.  One of my old jobs in government was to approve steering conversions from left to right hand drive.  This modification is nothing compared to the modifications we approved, including cutting and re-welding asymmetrical drag links.

My first Valiant used to drive sideways on hard braking.  Found the idler rubber bushing was worn and would let the idler end move up/down giving me toe out on braking.  After wearing out another idler in short time, I fitted a roller bearing kit and never looked back. Improves the steering feel 100%.   Have one on my current Valiant and fitted one to my 300C.

Henry