Re: {Chrysler 300} window parts 300K

It's a ton of time and effort, but if one takes the time to remove all the old grease and contamination from tracks and parts, then properly maintains correct geometry when putting things back together, along with new leather washers and plastic bushings where needed, plus lubricating the motors while they're out, you can get these old windows to move up and down like veritable guillotines!  Mine are now pretty quick, but I saw some really fast ones at Don Verity's house a year or so ago.  There's less current draw when things are not old, crappy, and misaligned, too.   The better the installation, the less physical stress on all the components involved, so things won't strip out or change shape, either.  I still have the window seal/roof rail seal alignment issues since my G is a convertible, but the windows are much faster than the ones in my Hurst, which have never been taken apart.  I don't even know what the motors and mechanisms look like inside a 70 C-body, but I presume they tried to improve the design over the early 60's type, but you wouldn't know it by having a race between my G windows and my Hurst windows.  I guess that's a future project down the road, but the interior in my Hurst is beautiful, and I get a little nervous thinking about tearing into those door panels for the very first time.