Fwd: {Chrysler 300} Pink 300F convertible 8403133898 up for sale again.

Fwd: {Chrysler 300} Pink 300F convertible 8403133898 up for sale again.

Not to keep kicking this, but there are a few of these 'made' cars still out there.

We saw this particular #133898 at the Leake Scottsdale 2020 auction that also sold off the John Staluppi collection that included 300-C s/n -001 that Mike McCandless bought there. But this #133898 was not part of Staluppi's collection and I think was a no sale. Two months later this same #133898 sold at Mecum Glendale AZ, hammering for $165,000, for an all-in price of $181,500 with 10% buyer commission.

What is interesting to note about #133898 is that its doorjamb does have the door alignment 'wedge' seen on convertibles only.

There's another one of these 'pink' 300-F convertibles, wearing vin plate #156603 (not listed in our Club known Fs), here locally in the metro Chicago area. Its owner is not a Club member and I have no idea whether he knows its a made car. It does not have the convertible aligning wedge in each of its doorjambs. This car was displayed at the August 2018 Geneva IL Concours, that featured our Letter Cars. I recruited 17 of the 21 displayed 300s, but was very unpleasantly surprised when I saw this one in the line-up.

Briefly seen in my video (on our Club website) at that Geneva Concours - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6jf7pUy2c

Also seen more completely in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSrBmZNlqcA&t=334s. I'm guessing the body plate is not factory, but was fabricated later - your thoughts?

Noel