{Chrysler 300} Thanks To Hank

I'm sorry to arrive only late Friday and be able to spend a short time but I did enjoy meeting many of you again and for the first time. My check is on its way as my contribution to the whole affair. I appreciate Hank and club leaderships hard work.

We had a 5 hour trip with a largely unproven B which ran flawlessly at ridiculous speeds as if posing as an Audi. On the way back everything went perfect until it didn't - roughly south of Pawling NY. Somewhere there, a great whaft of gasoline vapor assaulted us through the open cowl vent.

The rear carb sediment bowl cracked (from having been overtightened) and a fountain of gasoline pumped therefrom for several or more miles. At an safe place we pulled off to thank Mother Mopar with pounding hearts for wisely locating the generator on the other side.

Our ace on-board mechanic looked for items to repurpose for the length of fuel line needed to bypass the busted bowl. A grey Bic ballpoint pen shaft was used to bridge the existing line and that was enough to get us 7.1 miles to an auto parts store for rubber fuel line. We like to think we would have made it with the Bic pen.

We would have.

Incidentally-a 300 B in reasonable tune can run with anything on the average interstate and there are a lot of folks on I-81 yesterday who saw some white lightening. It's not how I drive mine but hey, we had a blast. Just like high school again.

Thanks and best wishes to all

Danny Plotkin

---