From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of dplotkin
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2023 14:19
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 Listserver' <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} 1964 Torqueflite

I know there are many who like to try to burnish perfection. Unless a 727 is going to be used abnormally, in competition and so forth, I would avoid any modification whatsoever from stock configuration using the highest quality Parts you can lay your hands on combined with the finest expertise which is frankly far more important than the parts.

 It's widely recognized that the 727 was the best 3-speed torque converter automatic ever devised.

I think our transmission expert Don Verity would tell you that knowledgeable rebuilders use the tricks they've learned in the trade concerning incremental improvements and assembly methods. Anyone you choose to do your transmission over be able to accomplish that.

 The worst thing you can do here is have a transmission guy who has never done one of these do yours.

The 727 as with just about all Chrysler engines and Transmissions were fully developed when introduced.