Re: {Chrysler 300} Accelerator Pumps

I saw a you tube video comparing marine 2 stroke oil to regular 2 stroke oil in two identical chain saws. There was virtually no difference in performance. The only difference is that marine is much more expensive.

Don

On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 01:28:19 AM EDT, Steve <saforwardlook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations.  After trying various ways to get some carb cleaner into the system without disassembly, nothing was really effective.  So I ended up taking both of the carbs off and dissembling them yet once again.  Given all the tiny clips on some of the linkages,  I ended up taking the carbs off the car so I wouldn't lose any clips or struggle with trying to attach these tiny clips at weird angles while the carbs are on the car..  It takes me a little more than 10 minutes to get the tops off but not much - it's getting things back together that takes me more time.

I am not sure which of the responses above are from folks who use gasoline containing ethanol or not but it seems to be safe either way, it would be best to add some TCW3 oil with each fill up to avoid issues in either case, so that is what I will be doing in the future.  Thanks for all your input.

Steve Albu

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 5:21 PM 'Michael J Falcone' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I also use a few onces of Marine 2 stroke oil TCW3 every tank of fuel and never any problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel Hastalis <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, May 25, 2023 6:02 pm
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} Accelerator Pumps

Several years ago I met fellow 300 Club member, Don Verhoff, up at the Iola car extravaganza, who had his sweet black 300-G coupe on display. Don's business was building diesel engines and strongly recommended running a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in my gas tank with every fill-up. Said he used it in all his engines.

I had been addng it until I ran out last year - need to go buy another gallon! On the phone with Joe Jordan a couple nights ago, he also recommends it.

Noel