RE: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Power Steering Gear Questions

RE: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Power Steering Gear Questions

Matt,

I just went through this with my 300K.

Rather than use the stock arrangement, I modified it. I used a new rubber from Quirey Quality Design Co. However, I paid for two of them and one was bad.

What I did was to use a grade five stainless steel shoulder bolt in place of the pin. I then used a ring terminal and a wire to a collar on the upper shaft. It has worked fine so far after several months of daily driving.

I can pull the Mc Master Carr part numbers if you decide to use my method.

I think I did a write up and posted it here…go search for it.

James