{Chrysler 300} RE: splice point 300K window power feed

{Chrysler 300} RE: splice point 300K window power feed

Well,

I found the problem quick. As soon as I removed the left kick panel. I could see burned fiberglass.

It looks like the door switch shorted out and the three wires to the rear for the local window switches fried. Or it may be that the three wires to the local window switches fried, and the metal got so hot that the wire to the door switch melted and grounded.

In any event, I may consider splicing these wires with some in-line fuses and replacing the door jam switch with a new one.

I do wonder if this was a mechanical abrasion issue, a door jam issue or a wire overload issue. Perhaps I should put in a new 30 am breaker or change it to a fuse…

In any event a fun mess.

James