{Chrysler 300} Lower Control arm shafts 300K

{Chrysler 300} Lower Control arm shafts 300K

Have folks seen or heard about lower shafts having a slight bend on the ’63 & ’64 cars?

I don’t have my lathe in San Francisco anymore, I moved it to the out of town shop, so I cannot check it easily. But one of the two lower control arms I am rebuilding from a donor car looks like it may have a slight bend in it. The end was hammered by someone trying to get it out. No doubt they did not know there is a cotter pin in there…

On the subject of lower control arms, of those that like to push there 300’s hard, has anyone noticed any improvement in handling by boxing in the lower control arm to stiffen it? Common on the hot rod Dodges and Plymouths.

Looks like the car will come out of the paint shop un the next week. Of course, now all the chrome and stainless will look like poop.

James

---