RE: {Chrysler 300} 55 window motors

Window motors won’t “put out” current so much as they draw current. What sort of test was run? Was an ammeter placed in series with the motor while it was operated? Motors will draw X while in motion and Y when stalled and power applied. If you have motors that go up and down nicely while sucking only 10 AMPS I’d be more than happy with that.  I’m sure John Grady will have more to say and from a better platform than I.

Danny Plotkin

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 11:23 AM
To: 'chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 55 window motors

I had my 6V window motors checked this morning to see how many amps they were putting out-----the newly rebuilt ones were around 9 or so the NOS ones were at  9 or 10--------book say's they should be at 22 to 26 or so depending on body style--------does it seem odd that all 4 of these motors were basically putting out the same amps  ?--------can anyone out there chaeck these for me-----I will pay you for your trouble------THANKS--------Johnnie

---

---