{Chrysler 300} soliciting feedback on an idea

{Chrysler 300} soliciting feedback on an idea

Hi all,

The passenger power window in the 300K is shot. The gear box was also cut across the bottom and a half assed bracket was made to connect the motor to it.

I was thinking…

Mac’s has new, pricy, motors that look just like these. The only difference is they have a ground wire.

I am thinking that the answer to dealing with the design flaw of these heavy motors cracking the mounting boss is to take it off the mechanism. Just cut away the bad ends, like on the one I have, and make a bracket for the motor to completely attach to the door inner webbing. Then use a…

https://www.mcmaster.com/3135K15/

… flexible coupling from the motor to the mechanism (gear box). In this way the weight of the door closing is not allowing the motor to torque on the mechanism. I know that it is a recommended thing to strap the motor at the bottom to the webbing. But why not just “de-couple” it completely from the diecast mechanism?

By the time I hunt down a new motor and a good mechanism, I could make a bracket for the motor and buy the cable in the link.

Thoughts?  James

---