{Chrysler 300} 1957 300C power steering pump

{Chrysler 300} 1957 300C power steering pump

Hello 300’ly to all!
	Mixed bag here folks with 300 C’s needing a power steering pump.  This is a one year only style pump which is different from the D pump and the Vickers pump on Dodge and DeSoto for 1957.  Much to my surprise Advance Auto Parts, Carid, and Rock Auto advertise having this pump!  They are remanufactured pumps by Lares. They sell for close to $300 with a core pump valued at close to $600.  Without a core for Advance it is close to $900. Mixed bag in my estimation from a substandard rebuild of my Thompson pump in 2005 by Lares. Perhaps there is a marked change a foot on the Lares remanufactured pumps now?  It sure would be nice.  The price includes the reservoir and pulley.  There is a warranty by the Advance Auto Parts folks.  I hope that since Lares has teamed up with these 3 parts suppliers that this may be an answer to our prayers to get this virtually impossible to find part for our Cs. It would certainly relieve pressure on our Reproduction Parts Committee to have these vendors supplying this pump (pardon the pun!) If anyone has purchased one of these pumps from these vendors please chime in on what the experience you have had with the pump performance.  A standard to look at is a bench tested pressure output of at least 900 PSI for the real deal.  Rob Kern

---