{Chrysler 300} Problem with rear quarter windows on 300K

{Chrysler 300} Problem with rear quarter windows on 300K

Hello all,

I have a problem and I am at a loss as to how to deal with it.  The rear windows on the 300K do not appear to have any way to adjust the rear end of the glass in and out. For the front end there is an adjuster near the top front on the webbing. The rear seems to be fixed by the pivot which is welded to the webbing and the factory beds in the arms from the regulator to the glass.

What I need to do is to move the rear bottom of the glass to the centerline of the car when up. It wants to push too hard against the belt whisker and it can catch on the end of the whisker if you adjust the glass to the rear if necessitated by the door.   {A note to QQD, make the whiskers a ½ longer on the rear and that would help as then the geometry would be such it could not catch}.

The best solution would be of the whisker was a little longer AND if one could adjust the rear in and out.

If anyone has seen this problem and has a solution let me know. I did pull the rubber from the header rail and that is not the problem. The only thing that I can think of, as well as a couple of car guy friends who stopped by, is to bend the actual regulator arm to pull it back a bit. Not my preferred solution.

I went and looked at the old whisker that I took out a couple of weeks back and it has severe rubbing on the passenger side back there so it has need that way since the factory.

As an aside, the felts I got from QQD do not have the clips in the proper place. At some places along the belts, the bead is not “on” the top of the Sheetmetal, but adjacent to it. Not consistent. This is because some of the clips are placed too high on the belt so the belt sits lower in some places. Just be advised if one is picky, one may want to get the belts without the clips and install them yourself.

Thanks all, James

---