{Chrysler 300} 1964 (1963) Torsion Bars

I have been hunting for a set of the 606-607 bars for six months without luck. I have found one bar but not a set so it does me no good so I did not buy it. Yards I have checked with do not have any either including Murray.

So, I am sending out requests to a couple of manufacturers to see if they do them and how much. Firm Feel said they are not currently doing custom torsion bars. Makes me wonder if they were doing them in house or using someone else that is not doing them right now.

In the event that I do find someone to make them;  let me know if you are interested and I will let you know.

The 1964 RAM as well as the 1964 Towing Package used the 606-607 bars which have a 125 foot pound spring rate. This matches the rear leaf springs which also had a 125 foot pound spring rate. I had put a set of these spring, both front and back, into my old blue 300K with the sway bar and the difference in handling was a lot while the ride did not seem to change at all. That is why I am heading down that rate hole again.

If I find someone, I will let you know.

James

---