Re: {Chrysler 300} 413 pistons.

Stock pistons were never forged. They require more clearance than cast pistons, and are not needed for production engines.
If it's a bad enough ridge, it needs to be bored to the next oversize. I've run engines with a light ridge and new rings with no problems.
Don

Don

The original pistons were not forged?

Must you not remove ridges if installing new rings?

Tom

Sent from my iPhone