From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Grady
Sent: Thursday, 11 January 2024 11:36 PM
To: Jean-Yves Chouinard
Cc: chrysler 300 club
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 413 pistons.

Hi ,

i may have a set from long ago . not sure of size ( overbore) will look

why do you need new ? are you overboring  it ?

As you know , my feeling is unless something is really really wrong ,

put rings on

old and go . Have done that 5-6 times in life no problems . “ expert  “ will always say rebore, way it is .

(Sell up , best dentures)

so three jeep 4.0 done that way two i personally drove both to 300 k , zero

oil use , 318 also went 300k in 57 plymouth ..all old parts no machine work .

key is really good moly rings

be sure you know forged or cast pistons when comparing , both work but forged a lot stronger .

changing pistons gets into balancing . Any screw up boring  wrecks rare 300G block  I had a 327 chev ruined by “ pro machine shop “ just trying to remove ridge , a chip “fell down “ caught into guide roller deep scratch in wall . had that happen on small  kohler engine too .

i did not remove ridge on jeeps could not feel any with finger tip , yes took a chance . It depends  — your mileage may vary but if a teal ridge should be removed

02 jeep year had junk cast mopar pistons , skirts broke off , other one (98) had antifreeze leak into oil used those over again . third one had been run out of oil (ex wife)!

i bought the jeep pistons from silv -o- lite , a branch of keith black racing engines . 120$ for  6. 150 k miles ago ,,had machine shop do exchange  on rod  , press fit into rod like mopar . used as they came compared weights  to old seemed ok

there are specs in fsm on taper etc measure block for yourself . ridge too

Even if pushing upper limit on wear it will work fine . Most of the time hardly worn at all !!

my 02 , I know . My cynicism results from 260 ford rebuilt  for my dad with all new ovetbore etc burned so much oil had to be rebuilt agaiin 30000 later .

Shop kept saying it will wear in . I was left with thin wallet mad dad , and junk motor made of all new parts

As far as real wear many in club have gone 300k on hemi , Jerry Kocur went 300 k and 400k

on his B block . A 100 k

mile B block

is barely broken in ,  . I know , opinion , but backed by 5-6 examples .

on other hand if damage have to do it

Sent from my iPhone