Re: {Chrysler 300} Transmission seal in a 62

Re: {Chrysler 300} Transmission seal in a 62

I agree with Carlton about replacing the reverse band lever O-ring.  I had my 63 Torqueflite rebuilt back in 1998.  For the next 20 years I tried to figure out where it was leaking up to 1/2 quart over the winter storage.  I replaced numerous oil pans and gaskets and each time I would swear it was the pan leaking never being aware of a small O- ring .  Even a complete wipe down of the trans housing never allowed me to see a trail from the rear of the shaft.  My local Aluminum trans expert identified the cause and came and showed me how it can be replaced with out removal.
So be sure and replace that O-ring no matter how good it may look.
Pictures are provided.  O-ring #3 may be your problem.
image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone