Re: {Chrysler 300} 300k question

Thanks to you all for these words of wisdom! The reality is, I don’t think I’ll drive the car nearly enough to make it meaningful no matter what.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of dplotkin <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2024 8:33:02 AM
To: Tom Wilburn <tomwilburn1@xxxxxxxxx>; Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 300k question

You don't often get email from dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Learn why this is important
Zinc is necessary for sliding surface valve trains such as our cars have. The area in question is the lifter to cam lobe which rub instead of roll as they do on modern roller valvetrains. I have read this debate for years on the various Corvette forums and some of the smartest people there conclude that using a diesel oil such as Rotella takes care of it. I am married to the boutique oils which probably cost too much but I am superstitious.

As for lead, this is completely unnecessary in a hobby car used for hobby purposes. If you are going to tow a trailer up a steep grade at high speeds every day then you should worry about valve seat recession. Otherwise don't worry about it. So says most of the engine people I respect.

Danny Plotkin