Re: Re[2]: {Chrysler 300} Scroll down to the 300E

Re: Re[2]: {Chrysler 300} Scroll down to the 300E

There have always been different kinds of restorations.  The first is what Gil called the "atomic molecular restoration" where every part on the car was restored back to original.  If a part was beyond repair, a very similar one was used.  That one is fairly expensive.  Another restoration is the Show Car which usually over restores and prettifies the car for the Show Circuit.  That one is extremely expensive. These are viewed as mobile art and not driven, but only trailered.  And then there's the rest of us - restore them so you can drive them and the fenders don't fall off or flap going down the road, where smoke doesn't come rolling out from under the hood at a redlight, but they are safe and fun to drive anywhere.
A car which incurs sufficient damage done to it so that it cannot be restored back to factory condition is not a restoration.