From: Jarrod Hermann <jarrodhermann@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 9:30 AM
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} ball joint tapper degrees ?

My 60 was 7 degree, I bought a ball joint hone to widen them out for an upgraded spindle.

Jarrod Hermann

On Mar 27, 2024, at 12:14PM, 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know definitively if the 1964 Chrysler ball join tapper is 7 Degrees or 10 Degrees or something else?

I am going to have to grind or mill out the stuck ball joint studs from the spindle. If I can get one end out, I can then use a ½ steel bar through the hole and the opposite end properly supported can be pressed out.  I have managed to get a ½ hole in the lower, not quite centered. I am using a Dremel to try and get two sides down to the tapper and then perhaps it will some out. In any case, I suspect the tapper may get a little messed up, so I need to order reamers TODAY to get them moving.

Thanks for any assistance.

In the event someone has a spare spindle that is bear and they want to sell it, let me know. I found one NOS and it is on the way. But I still have to get one more either apart clean or fine a another one.

James

---

---