Re: Wild Ride - Part Duex

MORTGAGE / REFINANCE RATES ARE LOW. ACT NOW!
3 Mortgage brokers compete for your business.
Great rates, no obligation, and easy form.
caab6aab7yoMza/ Insurance4usa.com

I have never seen an engine run faster because  of jumping time, especially
to the point of driving the car  at 25mph on idle, if I remember correctly you
said on your first post that the car had backfired while shutting down from
WOT, I would guess that you have a massive vacume leak, as far as the dieseling,
it is very common for an engine that is idling to fast to diesel when
ignition is shut off, I really doubt that it is the carburetor, as the most common
problem with them is sticky float, or idle circuit plugged, which neither will
cause excessive idle speed.   If the butterfly is shut in the carb like you
said, it has to be getting a lot of air from somewhere to run at that high of
rpm, and as far as it not running good at that rpm, would make me think that it
is not getting air through the carb, try spraying WD 40 around base of carb,
and where intake meets the heads...........make sure all vacume hoses are in
place and not leaking, it has to be a vacume leak as far as I am concerned

 dodger