Re: Two diferent courtesy lamp lenses for a '64 Sport Fury?

Re: Two diferent courtesy lamp lenses for a '64 Sport Fury?

INSTANT CAR INSURANCE QUOTE!
Save time, save money, and get the best deal.
Get quote, buy, and print insurance cards online!
caab599b7yoMza/ Insurance4usa.com

Doug, the first lense you spoke of is for the c-pillar, mine on the the 65 Coronet is the same and the other sounds like one for the center console in a bucket seat car. Dennis

Douglas Sutherland <exnersdeparture@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I have seen two different courtesy lamp lenses mounted on the "C" pillar on
a '64 Sport Fury.

The most common lens was a two piece unit using an aluminum bezel with a
painted matte black stripe and two holes for mounting to the pillar. The
translucent lens is mounted behind the bezel and protrudes through the
center of it. I have seen these lamps used on other Chrysler products built
in the 60's.

A second lens looked similar in size and shape to the lens mentioned above.
The big difference was that it was a one piece unit that had a vacuum plated
"chrome" outer ring and had a metal disc mounted in the concave center of
the it's lens.

Does anyone in the club know why there are to different lenses? Was this
one piece unit only used on '64 Sport Fury's? Was it a factory specific
application?

I have been told that the one piece unit cannot be "replated" (like dash
panels) because the translucent plastic melts during the replating process.
Is that true?

Is there a reproduction of this lens?

Thanks for your help!
Doug

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
caab4CEb6RAsnf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

----

Dennis