RE: Heater delete

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch
caacoW6b7yoMza/MyDietPatches

I'm considering returning my heater unit to service on
my Savoy project, even though it would be a liitle
more weight down the track. This will be a
street/strip car and I may want to take it out on a
cold day. My heater box in the Savoy had been robbed
of the heater core, but I've already located a nice
heater box with core for replacement.

  Gary

> If you have a big-block at least, the heater hose
> nipples at the waterpump
> are screw-in pipe thread.  You can remove them and
> replace with pipe plugs.
> Do you have the steel model 742 heater assembly?  If
> yes and the steel
> housings are not rusted out you can replace most of
> the rest of the pieces.
> The variable watervalve is available from some
> places (there were lengthy
> discussions about that in the past) or there is a
> guy in Renton WA, A.
> Petrik, who rebuilds them.  If interested I can send
> you the link to his
> website.  Heater cores can be re-cored if the tubes
> are still good or there
> are replacements around for those.  What I'm digging
> at is if you are
> interested in keeping the car original and would
> ever use the heater,
> consider restoring it.  They are easy to work on and
> work pretty well when
> they are right.  My 63 Max Wedge car was originally
> equipped with a model
> 742 heater which was disconnected when I got the
> car.  I hauled it out and
> discovered it had 1 rusted lower housing which I
> replaced from a donor unit,
> the core had exploded from freezing and there were a
> lot of decayed foam
> seals in it.  The vacuum selector valve on the
> control did not work either
> so I took it apart carefully and cleaned and lubed
> it and put it back
> together with screws in place of the plastic rivets.
>  It's all back in the
> car, lloks great, works great and my engine
> compartment looks correct.  I
> used it the other day for the Gratiot Cruise, it was
> 50 degrees out and I
> was comfortable.
>

> >From: Andy Grow <sixtyfourmopar@xxxxxxxxx>
> >To: 62 to 65 Mopar list
> <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Heater delete
> >Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:50:53 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >I had to remove my entire heater assembly because
> it was completely shot.
> >Since I now have no heater hose running in through
> the firewall, will I
> >have any problems with running a short hose between
> the intake and outlet
> >of the pump (where it would normally go to/from the
> heater core inside the
> >car)?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Andy

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacpgjb7yoMzf/OmahaSteaks

----

b7yoMz.