RE: Restoration Finishes

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacBBEb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

My 64 Dodge 440 will be the original colour but I'm using Urethane
Enamel instead of the Acrylic.

I chose the original colour (sky blue) not because I like the colour but
becuase at least then the entire car will match.  I do not have to paint
the axle hump, wheel wells, door jambs etc. and even under the dash will
match.

I had a 63 Fury that I painted red from its original greeny yellow
(washed down puke) colour but did not paint the little stuff like door
jambs and as long as I did not open the trunk and doors, it looked real
good.  I promised myself "never again" I will keep the original colour
to make my life easier.

However, despite my ramblings, you ultimately decide and what you want
is more important than what I or anyone else thinks.

K.

Robert neal zimmerman wrote:

>   Theres a site on the net called Paintucation which u can join and its
>   a forum form.
>      As to the topic heres my opinion:
>       A year ago i would have said stock, stock, stock!!!!
>        But my attitudes about these cars has changed .My own view is
>        that there will be no more gasoline in twenty years, or if there
>        is,it will be so expensive only the wealthiest will be able to
>        buy it ,so these cars
>  will have to be HEAVILY modified anyway with new technology.
>   I for one am not one who believes that we have  200 years worth of
>   gasoline stored up somewhere or some such nonsense as i read the
>   editor of MCG was spouting a while ago.
>    Thats why I am enjoying it while I can. Do what u want!
>     As to color choices, I think "era-believable", when i think about
>     colors. i dont think SASSY-Grass or Panther pink would look too
>     believable on my 64 Polara. I kind of like something thats
>     believable for the time period. So I choose the middle road.
>    Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario
64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)

[AD removed for archives]
Save on inkjet and toner, and get free shipping on orders over $50.
caacBByb7yoMzf/Inksoutlet

----

b7yoMz.