Re: tapered oil seal removal?

[AD removed for archives]
Click here for your Golden Tee CD ROM
caacJzob7yoMza/PermissionData

If you have one.
You may try a 2 leg bearing puller, like the one made by Proto.
Turn the two legs with the hook ends turned out, using a pry bar under the center bar that is holding the legs on, and the axle housing end as the fulcrum point.

Jimmy

Gary H. wrote:

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your companion air fare now!
caacJzhb7QKt5a/PermissionData

I don't have the fancy factory slide tool shown in the Factory Service Manual (FSM) to remove the axle shaft inner oil seal
on a 8.75 tapered rear. The slide puller I have won't do anything for this, it just pops off the seal when you pull the slider weight on the puller.

Anyone have some shadetree tips to remove the seal?

A picture is here:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/temp/1962PlymouthFuryBrakes011a.jpg

Thanks, Gary H.

[AD removed for archives]
Click here for your Golden Tee CD ROM
caacJzob7QKt5f/PermissionData

----

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon? Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacKOVb7yoMzf/LeadClick

----

b7yoMz.