Re: AWB info

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacOlPb7yoMza/LeadClick

On 08 11/09/04, Earl Helm wrote:
> So my question is why would your friend be against helping people
> get the correct information on how to build a AWB car? Not that I
> want to build one, but I would think a true enthusiasts would be
> glad to share that type of information.

My opinion:  After reading those comments in MCG a few months ago,
I've thought about it from both sides and I don't think the issue
comes down to anything other than this:  lots of people want
that information, few have it.  Those that have it, have power.
They stand to make money off of the fact that is a closely guarded
secret.   They are car builders/restoration experts themselves,
and/or guys like GG and Roger Gibson that authenticate originals...
If everyone had that that information, that power would evaporate.

The "can of worms" already exists!  People are making fake AWB
cars and passing them off as real because the general buying
public doesn't know any better.    Compare fake-AWB cars with
fake Street Hemi-cars, or fake Max Wedge cars, and then think
about what this group knows about authentic MW cars,  certainly
there are a few hundred of us on the list and several thousand of
us out there that can disqualify a lot of the fakes,,, and if
a friend of a friend finds what he thinks is a authentic MW car,
anyone of us might be willing to look it over and discount it as
a fake.  (note, I didn't say we all possess the knowledge to aut
henticate originals, but I think a lot of us can spot fakes...
but what would we do with an AWB?

think about if that AWB information was public knowledge.  We'd all
know it by heart!  and MCG could say this:  "if you think you are
about to buy a fake-AWB, go to www.mcg.com/spot-a-real-AWB/ read it,
memorize it, and know for yourself....

Certainly, with that information people could build an exact
copy, but its a drop in the bucket compared to the fraud that is
perpetrated on moving VINs on R/T,  GTX, 'cuda and what not.

With the inherent historical record of AWB cars (unlike MW cars,
I would wage that *all* AWB were raced at some point in time,
and have some documented history...)  and with the limited
"production" numbers of them,  pulling off a fake,  even with
the Factory AWB Guide would be very difficult.

If its like other technical manuals Chrysler released, it was
more of a memo or TCB than a copyrighted book.  I'm all for
the lot of us pooling resources and getting a copy, and getting
it in PDF/html/whatever format and making it be general knowledge
via the web....

Doug Ahern

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch