Re: Obvious Brake Choice?

[AD removed for archives]
Win a Lexus RX330! Class and beauty rolled up in an SUV! Drive
your family this winter in style. Make it yours! Click below and
sign up now!
caacR6Ob7yoMza/Vente

There are various articles out there just for this. I changed over to disc with a trip to the salvage yard after reading the article. Total cost was app. 300,and that included new calipers, and rotors.

64 Polara 426W

Jim Jablonski <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[AD removed for archives]
Stock car lovers - get a FREE gift here!
caacSnKb7B6Msa/PermissionData

Folks ... your thoughts please. I am in the "brake phase" of the
restoration to my '64 Fury ... and I have to decide on whether or not to
convert to disc (in the front).

Here's my take on the options:

a) Stay with the front drum setup, and after buying drums, bearings,
shoes, an upgraded (dual) MC, wheel cylinders, H/W, and lines, etc.,
I'll have spent about $700

b) Go with a disc brake conversion kit that bolts to the existing
spindles (because I've already completely rebuilt the front suspension).
I am thinking that I can probably pull this off with a Wilwood or P-S-T
kit for just less than $1,000

Has anyone made this decision, have other thoughts, regrets, advice,
sources, etc.? I am not arguing the performance advantages of a disc
setup, but as usual I am not working with an unlimited budget ...

As always, thanks!

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacOlPb7B6Msf/LeadClick

----

George