Re: Welcome new member - 1962 Plymouth Fury convertible

Re: Welcome new member - 1962 Plymouth Fury convertible

Chrysler's split front seat (2/3 on driver's and 1/3 on passenger) dated back to 1953.  And gone by 1963.  The high back behind the driver apparently made it easier for someone sliding into the front or rear seat on the curb side

The high back on the driver's side was for 1960-1961.  (1959-1960 swivel seats not included)

The 1962 bucket seats used the longer centre arm rest if the seat bottom was one piece.   The shorter centre arm rest was used on bucket seat cars which had shorter seat backs than the one piece style..

Welcome, Chip!  And it is, indeed, a gorgeous car, your 1962 Fury!

Bill
Vancouver, BC

A ‘62 Belvedere 2 Dr sedan I owned for a long time had this uneven split, blue vinyl with blue tweed like inserts. But i don’t remember it being taller on the drivers seat.  My ‘62 Sport Fury came just like D.J.’s and I believe they had a couple of other combos on Sport Furies but I don’t know if there was two tone on other models.