Re: schneider cams

I found a patent granted in 2005 for a mechanical variable valve timing upper gear. It is to operate on centrifugal force acting on a pair of pivoting weights similar to the mechanical advance of a distributor. But I don’t see any information that it got produced.

Didn’t some company have a manually adjustable upper timing gear for domestic engines some years ago?  You took a separate cover off to access the adjustment it seems like. Of course that wouldn’t really accomplish what we are taking about, an add-on timing set up that automatically adjusts valve timing mechanically for older drag engines.

On May 17, 2022, at 5:29 PM, glpavlovich@xxxxxxx wrote:

Don Dulmage used the Racer Brown Cams and that was his “go to” profile; specifically the STH42 (254@.050”) 108LC Hyd.   I have one of those in the Poly cam profile.

The advancing and retarding according to engine RPM is characteristic of the Rhoades Variable Duration lifters (still marketed) that shortened duration at low RPM to retain vacuum for accessories, better idle quality for street use and then increased duration as RPM increased.  Hughes Engines also has the variable duration set marketed under their name.

Gary Pavlovich

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of neal zimmerman
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 1:17 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: schneider cams

I don't think they've made that in years. and I am not sure it was them that made it.  I just remember don dulmage talking about it

   neal

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 11:22 AM <62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't see that advance / retard feature mentioned on their website.

But I did notice they wrote: "We are currently out of Poly Cams until further notice. As such we are limited to regrinds
only at this time, on your core."

http://schneidercams.com/

Thanks,
Gary H.