From: "Doug Ahern" <D170A833@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: MaxWedge race questions!

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadeMmbOrvlLa/Amazing Computer

On 48 03/08/05, WC43613@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Give me your input here. I plan on taking my car to the strip after it
gets
> warm again just to see what it will turn.

check out http://www.madelectrical.com,   they sell trunk mount battery
wiring, and at one time, I think, carried several types of electric
shutoff switches,   including ones with long extensions so the switch
can be in the trunk and the handle can extend out 12" or so, say through
a taillight bezel and lense to the outside of the car.  I've seen lots
of max wedge, hemi, SD421, 409, 427 cars that used to travel the NMCA
muscle car shootout circuit that route the switch through a taillight.
gotta a spare taillight lens?

As for what rules your local track will use when examining your car
at tech,  it depends...  is it an NHRA track?  if so, you'll need more
than a switch...  NHRA has made several rules regarding trunk mount
batteries: you'll need an NHRA certified battery box that completely
encases the battery and vents to the outside  OR the trunk area must
be completely isolated from the driver's compartment with sheet steel
or aluminum (i.e. sheet metal behind the rear seat and under the
package tray).

> And I don't have the same carbs as the factory ones and I'm running Mickey
> Thompson ET drag street tires that are supposed to be legal for the
street.
> Would my car be considered stock?

depends on the class you want to enter.   most likely, you'd enter
in the "ET bracket racing" category,  because, unless its an NHRA
sanctioned event, "ET bracket" will be the only thing going at your local
track anyhow....  With "ET bracket" you'll still have to pass a set of
rules, but they are mostly safety rules,  not correct carb or tire
width rules (in "Stock" class, there are such rules, but there is
no reason for you to enter that class).

Doug Ahern

[AD removed for archives]
2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started
Now!
caadeMnbOrvlLf/TaxBrain

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Looking for someone? Need a background check?
Investigate anyone, anywhere with Web Detective.
Lifetime access only $29.95. Start searching now!
caadfAcbOyW3Nf/Web Detective

----

bOyW3N.