RE: How to race a street driven max wedge. Follow up!

RE: How to race a street driven max wedge. Follow up!

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
caadeMobOyW3Na/5 Megapixel Digital Camera Promotion

Bill,

At 3650 LBS for weight, and 575HP in a perfect world, the best
you could go would be 10.7

Earl

I'm not new to drag racing. I've been racing cars since back in the late
50's. (Yeah, I'm old.) I've raced a 57 Chevy, a 62 Dodge, a factory Hemi
Dodge
Super Stocker, a 64 Plymouth 383 4-speed, and a 72 Vega wagon w/a big block

that went 9:90's and low 10's. So, I'm not new to the track.
I may be optimistic about my car running high 10's but I'm hoping.
I figure with 493 cubes, aluminum heads, (worker over a bit), brainless
727,
a 4:10 gear and the Mickey Thompson ET slicks, I may be close.
And I do have the frames tied with 2x2 tubing. I plan on doing some street
tuning before I take her to the strip, so I'll have most of the bugs worked
out
 as far as jetting, shift points etc.
As I said once before, I pulled a few hole shots last fall and the car
pulled so hard going through 1st and 2nd that it made me light headed. Kinda
like
my old Vega used to do.
If I only run low 11's I guess I'll have to be happy.
The only thing that I took out of the car to lighten it was the heater box
so everything else is stock weight. I have no idea what the car weighs but I

may  take it to a local freight place and have it weighed.

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadeMmbOyW3Nf/Amazing Computer

----

bOyW3N.