RE: my newest idea -altered A-bodys?

[AD removed for archives]
Help us support US Troops ? Just Register Here.
caadjGFbOyW3Na/Permission Data

That reminds me of the Tasca Ford funny car...minus the stretch.
Jeff
Doug Ahern wrote:

> On 47 03/31/05, Brent Stewart wrote:
> > Hey how come there arn't any altered wheelbased A-bodys? or do the
> > D-darts
> > fit that bill. I want to see an altered 65 dart or b'cuda, or a cool
> > valiant or something.....
>
> the D/Dart was targeted at NHRA's D/S class,  alterations to the
> wheelbase was (and still is) a no-no.  forget about the D/Dart's...
>
> the AWB cars of 65 quickly evolved into to awb Darts in 66, which
> quickly, or immediately,  developed into Funny Car..
> there were lots of awb darts, Dick Landy had one, Gene Snow had one,
> Mr. Norm had one, Al Vanderwoude had a wild almost topless one,
> There was a hemi-honker variant... in fact, 'back in the day', there
> were probably as many 66 awb cars as there had been 65 AWB cars...
>
> here's where the 65 AWB cars led to:
> (66 Mustang)
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/Wild%20Thing%20picture.jpg
>
> here's the barely altered-wb 66 S&M 'cuda & the yankee peddler 66 cuda:
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/66%20Sox%20&%20Martin%20side.jpg
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/66%20Cuda%20Peddler.jpg
>
> here's a stretch 66 GT still wearing it's 1/2 vinyl top & A-piller
> trim!,  it did have a blown injected hemi, which is difficult to make
> out here...
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/Samson%20Dart%202.jpg
>
> ah, here's Vanderwoude's car:
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/back%20shot%20of%20dutchman.jpg
>
> gene snow's car, restored...
> (btw: Gene used a pushbutton 727 in this car, with the push-button
> quadarant mounted up near the A-piller..
> http://www.dragworldusa.com/ram1.jpg
>
> and here is something to inspire Neal and keep him from thinking
> the only way to build a sixties era 1/4 mile car is to hack it
> down to just two doors...  (note the cool deep Spyder rims in back...)
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/Gapp%20&%20Roush%20Maverick%20copy.jpg
>

> BTW: here's a cool pic of another '64 AWB car:
> http://www.fremontracing.com/images/64%20plymouth%20Dutchman.jpg
> speaking of 64 awb b-bodies,   does anyone have pics of the pink
> "tickle me pick"  64 dodge, or Dave Strickler's awb 64 dodge.  Strickler
> raced a white awb 64 dodge, and for a while had Grumpy Jenkins drive the
> car too.
>
> oh, and by the way, I used "AWB" in caps to refer to the 65s, because,
> AWB has become a term to refer to the 65 b-body AWB cars, and "awb"
> just means 'altered wheel base' for any make or model..., thats just in
> my little stupid world of nomenclature,  its kinda like "Internet"
> and "internet", for those of you who work in a profession where these
> are two different words,,, (you'll under the affliction that has caused
> me to use AWB and awb....)
>
> Doug

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

[AD removed for archives]
Buy any items from KMART from clothes to tool with a $500 Kmart
gift card. All you have to do is click on the link and recieve
your gift!
caadlpgbOyW3Nf/RewardsVenue

----

bOyW3N.