Re: Vicki's got a new ride

Thanks Paul for the great support and for updating the group!

No ribbon, but I didn't care about that.  Just wanted to get the Dart out
there!  I left right after 1pm, as I was running on 30 hours without sleep!
The car is going back to my mechanic end of this week, and then back to the
body shop for the final details end of next week.

I'll take some pics of where it is now and email it to Gary so you all can
see where it's at.  I have to say, it is very surreal driving it.

And how's this for still smiling?
Today's activities began with my reverse button getting lost inside the
cluster panel.  When I tried to get it to pop back out, it fell out...into
my lap!  So off to the mechanic I went.  Now all my pushbuttons are staying
put.
Then this afternoon - driving down the freeway at 65mph, I hear a noise, and
see a very large piece of metal flying behind me, smashing against the
asphalt.  I think to myself, "that sure does look like something off my
car".  So I pull off the freeway, and look around the car.  Sure enough, I'd
lost the top portion from the front windshield!
Needless to say, I took surface streets home, and the body shop is checking
all the chrome first thing Tues to make sure everything else is secure.
Still smiling, and still working out all the kinks...