Re: Frame connecters...and vacuum secondaries

Re: Frame connecters...and vacuum secondaries

[AD removed for archives]
Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get?
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
caadlRMbOyW3Na/DiscoverCard

sounds like a good enough reason for frame connectors, thanks for that input

 i have run a vacuum secondary on my 440 and 305(chev)
both perform noticably better with double pumpers.

i have seen cars that could not handle all barrels at once, but
on mine, chev has 4-speed, 4:11's, sat has 727 with 4500 and 3000 stall
4:10 gears
both behave perfectly on the street or strip.

tom
65 satellite

rll <rlipinski3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello list

Frame connecters....we didn't have them on our 69 charger ...

The car would leave really hard, not quite lifting the front wheels
but hard enough you could feel a flutter in the steering wheel that I
thought was from the wheel bearings unloading????

Anyways, from doing this a couple of hundred times we are still
finding and welding stress and flex cracks in the floor pan.

We also found severe cracking in the frame, passenger side where
the K-frame bolts to the main frame probably from twisting during
launch.

Will we have frame connecters before we run it again...yes.....

Our 65 satellite will have frame connecters before it returns to the
street.

Vacuum secondaries

The same car was running a 440 six-pack setup...we tried vacuum
secondary setups and mechanical (triple pumper) setups...it would
never leave as hard with the mechanical setup.

This was while running 5.38 gears, loose converter , and a cam that
wound up and never stopped pulling.

A lighter car might have responded to the mechanical setup, but after
50+ runs we could not get the car to ET within a second of the vacuum
linkage times. This wasn't a one a one or two time deal as we tried
every combination of accelerater pump / cam / shooters...we still have
a great seletion.

The six pack challenger we lucked into, had a 800 doubler pumper
sitting on a tarantula manifold it when we bought . Ran pretty good.

We put a 3310 780 Holley on it, jetted exactly the same, now it would
fry the tires out of the hole and keep frying them after the shift into
second. Much more fun.

The car now has a six-pack back on it, original vacuum linkage.
Even funner.

The 65 satellite we will play with a pair of period AFBs on a CH28
dual quad manifold..nothing howled sweeter than my old 65 Fury police
with the single ABF, I'm expecting great music from two of them.
Howling best fun.

WARNING, YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY

that is all

rob in phx

65 sat
69 chgr
70 chal
76 ramchgr
82 van 6

family

71 val 6
83 van 6
92 dak 5.2

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadlVAbOgXg2f/ProductTestPanel

----