Re: Need: 2bbl carb & low profile air cleaner (BBD Preferred)

Re: Need: 2bbl carb & low profile air cleaner (BBD Preferred)

Hi Gary, thanks for the links.

The intake manifold is brand new and has never been mounted.  No
worries on stress cracks ;-)  I'm not completely sure how much space I
have.  The current engine has a lower deck height than the one I'll be
putting in this summer.  Any air cleaner will clear my current
setup--but I think I'd have to convert to the much flatter/wider style
cleaner with a 2bbl carb setup.  I figured i'd get the carb in, and
then measure what I have left to play with.

MJ

On 5/6/05, Gary H. <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [AD removed for archives]
> Erase wrinkles without Botox!
> Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68%. Click
> here to start looking younger today!
> caadslIbOeqpPa/Nexiderm
>
> Sounds good. Be sure to check the aluminum manifold for stress cracks.
> http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm shows a picture.
>
> How much room is there for air cleaner clearance?
>
> Lokar may have what you need for the carb hookup. See
> http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/tc_kd.htm
>
> I've heard of the 318 2bbl used on the \6 but can't remember seeing the
> rejet mandate. Sorry.
>
> Gary H.
>

> Menko Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just been fortunate enough to become the new owner of the
> > nicest mopar intake for the slant six: the aluminum M1 2bbl.  I REALLY
> > would love to give this intake a try, but I need a carb for it.  There
> > are a few issues however--
> >
> > 1--Clearance between hood and aircleaner.  There isn't much space
> > there so I'd need a low profile air cleaner
> >
> > 2--Rod style carb hookup on my 62 Lancer--need some suggestions on how
> > to get this setup with a 2bbl
> >
> > 3--jetting?  I have been told and read that the 2bbl for the /6 is a
> > 318 carb rejetted.  Advice as to what jets, etc would be great!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > MJ
>
> [AD removed for archives]
> Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
> caadtaJbOeqpPf/ProductTestPanel
>
> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Menko Johnson
menkoj@xxxxxxxxx