From: tom hecht
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:49 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Holley tune up.

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadslIbOlZxua/Nexiderm

what is your timing set at?
i am not sure of the actual gap for acc pump,
016?
i have always used starting fluid to check for
vacuum leaks, the engine will speed up when
it sucks in the starting fluid.
if all is adjusted correctly, you may need a
bigger cam for your accelator pump.
i am going to assume if you have a bog it is
a vacuum secondary, maybe it needs a lighter
spring?

tom
65 satellite

"Ben Jr. Morgan"
wrote:

I rebuilt the Holley 3310 750cfm because the needle seals and a lot more were dead. It ran richer than hell before, and had a bog (by the way, I had recently jetted from 72 to 63). After the rebuild, It still ran richer than hell, with a bog. I found one problem, the accelerator pump lever had no gap what so ever (oops, shoulda checked that). So I fixed that and now its not running so rich any more (before people wouldn't even tailgate me, not that that's a bad thing lol). But it still bogs in the low rpms and occasionally coughs, also, coasting against the motor brings a pretty ripe rich smell. I've checked for vacuum leaks by vacuum gauge, and poured some water around the intake manifold and listened for the motor to bog. I haven't found any vacuum or intake leaks. Any suggestions? Thanks.Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadvf5bOgXg2f/Nexiderm

----

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
caadtaJbOlZxuf/ProductTestPanel

----

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadtaHbOgXg2f/Amazing Computer

----