Distributor Calibration Curve Analysis

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYbOyW3Na/TopOffers

For those of you who have been following my no start problem, I think
the situation has been rectified by the replacement of the rotor.

While having the distributor out of the car, I decided to have it put on
the Sun machine to see how it was performing.  It is a Mopar Electronic
distributor and is run with the vacuum canister blocked.  It's in a 360
engine which runs 12.8 compression, .508 Comp Cams hydraulic camshaft.
The engine is in a 66 Valiant race only car.

Here are the status:

Crank RPM       Crank Advance              Vacuum InHg
Advance Crank Deg.

800                                      0
1200                       +2                    6.5"
2
1400                       +7                    8"
4
1600                       +10                   8.5"
6
1800                       +15                   9"
8
2000                       +23                   10"
10
2200                       +24                   11"
12
2400                       +25                   11.5"
16
2600                       -                       13.5"
20
3000                       +26                   16"
22
5200                       +28

MAX, Vacuum Advance & Centrifical
50

That said..what does all that mean?

Where would you begin setting timing at idle in order to get the correct
34 or 35 deg that I have heard mopars like to run?

Any input would certainly be appreciated.

John

----

bOyW3N.