RE: a really BORING question

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
caadAcqbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

Neal,
The answer IS both. Obviously the engine block bore is slightly larger
than the piston to begin with, so to maintain the piston to bore
clearance in a .030 overbore, the piston diameter must be .30 larger
also.
Actually, when the machine shop determines the bore diameter, they
measure the pistons, add the proper bore to piston clearance and bore
the block to that dimension. The +.030 is an approximate number, as are
the bore and piston diameters.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA

 I have a question I have never thought about before.
    When somebody says " its bored .030  over "-   WHICH is .030, the
    hole or the piston?   They cant be both .030!!   Is the hole
    slightly bigger or is the piston slightly smaller?
   Neal ZImmerman, Eugene oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
caadzTWbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.