'64 Dart GT Hardtop ?? (Was Fish impounded...)

'64 Dart GT Hardtop ?? (Was Fish impounded...)

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadHlxbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

Some folks here have data on the methods used to affix v.i.n. tags on fenders which _SHOULD_ assure the diligent Motor Vehicle folks that the tags are real. Of course, the fact that lots of the MV folks are not as old as our vehicles may enter into the deal. That, and I would guess the manufacturers started out with little if any Federal "guidance" as to the format for the ID tags can easily result in a bit of confusion on the part of "Officialdumb".

For what it's worth, two early A bodies in my posession and a third I found on the internet have their VIN tags secured with phillips headed sheet metal screws. In all cases, I have no reason to believe that the vcehicles have had tags swapped, because the tags and the fenders they are screwed to have matching rust and paint patterns. I suppose those _could_ be faked by someone with the correct materials and lots of time.
That hardly seems likely on Early 60's Dodge Dart 170, 270, and GTs that have not even been restored.

Of course, the disconnect is that reasonable folks expect the public "servants" to act with a bit of what we laughingly call "common sense".
(grumble, grumble, grumble...)

[AD removed for archives]
Testers Wanted!
Take online surveys, earn Amazon vouchers.
caadHvhbOyW3Nf/MediaTransfer

----

bOyW3N.