Re: '64 Dart GT Hardtop ?? (Was Fish impounded...)

Re: '64 Dart GT Hardtop ?? (Was Fish impounded...)

My VIN is also secured with small phillips head screws
on my Polara. Anyone else?

--- Bob Crockett <bcrocket@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!

caadHlxb7B6Msa/ProductTestPanel

> Some folks here have data on the methods used to
> affix v.i.n. tags on
> fenders  which _SHOULD_ assure the diligent Motor
> Vehicle folks that the
> tags are real.  Of course, the fact that lots of the
> MV folks are not as
> old as our vehicles may enter into the deal.  That,
> and I would guess
> the manufacturers started out with little if any
> Federal "guidance" as
> to the format for the ID tags can easily result in a
> bit of confusion on
> the part of "Officialdumb".
>
> For what it's worth, two early A bodies in my
> posession and a third I
> found on the internet have their VIN tags secured
> with phillips headed
> sheet metal screws.  In all cases, I have no reason
> to believe that the
> vcehicles have had tags swapped, because the tags
> and the fenders they
> are screwed to have matching rust and paint
> patterns.  I suppose those
> _could_ be faked by someone with the correct
> materials and lots of time.
> That hardly seems likely on Early 60's Dodge Dart
> 170, 270, and GTs that
> have not even been restored.
>
> Of course, the disconnect is that reasonable folks
> expect the public
> "servants" to act with a bit of what we laughingly
> call "common sense".
> (grumble, grumble, grumble...)
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Testers Wanted!
> Take online surveys, earn Amazon vouchers.

caadHvhb7B6Msf/MediaTransfer

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions ? no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/