Re: I hate eBay

Rob,
   Other than hating Camero driving trailer red necks,
shouldn't you be mad at yourself for not doing your
homework? Either stating that the product would be
shipped at actual cost or you would let them know what
the actual cost would be? It is not the guy you sold
the scoop to fault, why be mad at him, other than he
drives a Chevy.
   I have read most of the post on this list about
Ebay,and as I see it, a lot of parts, cars, etc.,
would not have found there way onto restoreable cars.
We are a market economy, and yes some people bid
higher than what a product is worth to other people.
But it was worth it to them. How many times has
everyone on this list done that. If you buy a $5 part,
for $6, because you needed it to finish your project,
haven't you inflated that product by 20%?
   Ebay makes it easier to be lazy, don't have to go
far to find that part you are looking for and need.
I do not have a lot of buy and sells on Ebay (100+),
but I do read every auction to make sure I understand
the fine print. Most people will change their shipping
cost if you contact them, as an example, I bought a
part from a guy in West Palm Beach, his shipping was
$25, anywhere in the US. I contacted him prior to
bidding and told him I lived in Lakeland, he told me
that he would just charge me actual cost,if I won the
bid, I did and it saved me $10.
   Do I get mad at some items and bidding and shipping
cost, sure, but what are the alternatives? You have to
make the best of it, pass when you feel it is to high
(either cost or shipping)and keep on looking. BTW,
Florida seems to have less junk yards than any other
stste I have ever lived in.
   I'll get off the soap box now, had my 2CW.
Dennis

> Hello list
>
> The biggest complainers about shipping and handling
> come from ignorant
> SOBs that have never sold
> a thing on ebay.
>
> I recently got my "purple star" and that allows to
> to lip off about
> ebay.....
>
> I sold an ugly "Gary H" style tunnel ram snorkle
> scoop to some
> trans-camero owner living in a trailer park
> in penn....
>
> In the listing my best guess for shipping was $25
> for post office and
> $35 for ups..
>
> After i spent a half of a day with foam packing and
> cardboard , i had a box.
>
> Turns out the boxes' L+W+H was oversize and  would
> cost $123 parcel post.
>
> I sent it for $37 fedex and got crap for
> overcharging for shipping.
>
> I hope his trans-camero drag car gets beaten every
> time out by the
> street mopars that populate penn......
>
> rob in phx
> maxsat65 on ebay