RE: Max Wedge intake gaskets

[AD removed for archives]
Hershey?s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100
worth Hershey?s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating!
caadKa5bOyW3Na/Chocolate Survey

I just answered my own question by sitting the intake manifold in place
using just the side gaskets.  The gap on each end is too big to seal
without the cork gaskets...Brian

Brian Schlump wrote:

> When I tore down my engine earlier today I found that the intake ports
> on both banks had been sucking oil from the valley.  That explains the
> oil consumption I've seen and the change in carb settings I've had to
> make.  It appears to me that the cork gaskets at both ends did not
> compress enough to let the side gaskets seal.  Has anyone else seen this
>
> problem?  BTW...The intake bolted in fine, and I torqued it per spec.
>
> On B & RB engines I've always used Hi-temp RTV silicone gasket maker to
> seal the ends of the valley pan.  I'm thinking of leaving off the cork
> gaskets to do the same with the Max Wedge tomorrow.  What do some of you
>
> other Max Wedge drivers do to seal your intake?
> Brian
>
> '64 Belvedere
> Woodstock, IL.
>
> "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
> extra."

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadKb7bOyW3Nf/Ice Cream Research Survey

----

bOyW3N.