Re: Stone guards

> I asked this last week but got no responses....does anyone know if the
> 64 Dart stone guards will fit a 64 Polara? They look very similar and
> I'm sure they have different part numbers, but will they interchange?

Ok, 3rd time's the charm.  Hope the message goes through this time.

You're talking about the trim pieces on the front bottom corner of the
rear wheelwell, right?

I compared those from a '65 Dart 270 and a '64 Dodge 440.  They're not
interchangable.  The Dart pieces are actually longer, which you might
chalk up to just different years being slightly different.  The big
difference is that the fenders actually curve differently, so the
swapped parts don't lay on the fender's edge the right way.

-- Tony  brummett@xxxxxxxxx
'64 Dodge 440
'65 Dart GT