Re: American vs Canadian Polaras

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
caadV2bbOyW3Na/Amazing phone

Canadian-built Plymouths were just like the American Plymouths except
engines in most years and interiors in 1961-62.  They never used Dodge
sheetmetal.

Chrysler of Canada did offer a line of Dodges based on the Plymouth that
used either the Dodge front clip (1935-38, 1953-59) or Dodge-like grille to
fit the Plymouth front clip (1939-1952).   With the arrival of the Dodge
Dart for 1960, the Dodge-nosed Plymouth came to an end.

All Plymouth-sized 1935-59 Dodges used Plymouth interiors as did the 1960
and 1963 to1971 models.  The 1961 and 1962 Darts and Plymouths used the U.S.
Dart interior, fratzog and all in 1962.    The 1935-38 Dodges used the U.S.
Dodge dash as did the 1962 Dart and the 1967-71 models.  All 1939 to 1961
Plymouth-based Dodges plus the 1963 to 1966 Dodges used the Plymouth dash.
And to add to the confusion, Canadian-built 1962 Plymouths used the Dodge
dash

G.M. of Canada offered a line of Pontiacs from 1938 through 1954 based on
the Chevrolet that had Pontiac grilles and trim.  The 1938 to 1940 models
used the Chevrolet OHV engine while the 1941 to 1954 models used the Pontiac
flathead six.  From 1955 to 1970 the Canadian Pontiac was based on the
Chevrolet chassis and used Chevrolet engines and transmssions.  Thus the
1955 Pontiac Laurentian used the 115" Chevrolet chassis with Powerglide and
looked on the outside like a shrunken Pontiac Chieftain.

And the beer is still good.

Bill
Vancouver, BC