Dwell and Timing/Bulb Conversion-Update+

Dwell and Timing/Bulb Conversion-Update+

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadVJ4bOyW3Na/911PaydayAdvance

Thanks for all the help folks.
I set the gap on the poly at .017 then .020 and got a nice dwell angle of 34.
I then set the timing to 2.5 degrees btc and she pinged just a bit on the test run but after setting it to 3 degrees, nice and smooth.
I even lowered the idle to 650 and she's almost too quiet to hear.
The idle shake is gone.
You guys were right about the remote switch, what a time-saver.
+
Dan Stern called me today to say my order will ship on Monday.
High and low beams w/H1 bulbs, headlight relay, park lamps, tail stop and turn lamps, reverse lamps and license plate.
I'm also putting in a jumper to keep the park (pahk) lights on when the headlights are on, Dan's suggestion.
I'll take pictures and light meter readings and hopefully I can document the conversion.
This should be cool.

Tom
64 Belvedere 4D, 40,726 original
stock poly/727 (for now)

New question for ya..

Why do I need to hold the choke open when cold to get high idle?  If I let it close naturally, it runs rough and smokes.
This is a stone cold start.
My walk around has been to clip a set of vise grips to the choke arm to drop and hold it and open the butterfly until warm.
Weird?

[AD removed for archives]
caadVJEbOyW3Nf/PC PowerScan

----