Re: Cam

if the price is right go for it. if the price is
camparable to a purple shaft with more duration go for
that.
its not so big that it will load up, but big enough to
bump at idle. my guess is the bump will probably
disappear at between 1000 & 1500 RPM.
i bet it will perform well up to 5000 or so, but if
you are only street driving, what more do you need?

i have a similar cam in my (gasp) small chevy, it gets
good mileage and seems to have decent power.

tom
65 satellite
(57 chevy)

--- Don Hudson <mopar4me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Need some advice.  I've got an acquaintance who's
> got a brand new cam/lifter package he's probably
> goning to sell.  If I wrote the info down correctly,
> lift is .485 and duration is 232.  It would be going
> in a 70 340 motor which is destined for my 65
> Barracuda 4 speed (have both ball & trunnion in the
> car now or could use a 66 slip joint tranny).  Rear
> end will be an 8.75 with 3.23 gears (do have access
> to a set of 3.91 open gears.  Comments?  Opinions?
> OK for what I have?  Go smaller/larger.  Car
> strictly for road only no racing.  Thanks
> Don
> removed]
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Erase wrinkles without painful injections with
> Nexiderm SP.
> Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles
> by 68% Click
> here to get your 30-day free supply.

caadVJYbOgXg2f/Nexiderm

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Yahoo! for Good
Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter